Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Joy Ride

A few months ago I took the class "More Happy Little Moments" with Maggie Holmes over at Studio Calico. I knew I would want to make a book for my daughter, but since I hadn't had her yet, I held off on starting the book (other than the cover). I've finally decided that I'm going to put Instagram snapshots and any extra photos that won't make it into a 12x12 layout, into this book! Here's a couple pages I worked on today of an Instagram shot of Natalie in her car seat!


I cut the car from the Silhouette, which is an Amy Tangerine cut file from the Silhouette Online store. I used vellum paper and just outlined it with pen to show up a little better. I also used her Thickers from her Cut & Paste line for the title.



I punched some pinking circles from the right side of the page, and went around each one with some watercolors to make the shape show up better. I backed with some paper that came in the More Happy Little Moments kit, and added some digital diecuts from Hello Forever that also came in the kit. Finally, I just added a bunch of rub-ons to fill the spaces!

No comments:

Post a Comment