Friday, May 24, 2013

Sewn Thank You Card!

I made this card for a woman who doesn't even know me but lives near my grandparents in Louisiana, and hand stitched a blanket and bib for my unborn little girl!! What a blessing this woman is! So I didn't mind spending the time to sew this special thank you card for her.



The idea was pretty simple - first I cut one of those muslin fabric bags that Studio Calico sends some of their products in, to 5x7 to match my card. Then I used my Silhouette to cut out the flourish shape (from the Cut It Out class with Studio Calico) and used it as a misting mask. I taped the shape down with good old Scotch tape so I could get a clear shape, then misted with Mister Huey's mists in Lemonade, Cameo, and Sunset! I misted really close, since I didn't mind the huge splotches on the fabric.



Once that was done and dried (well, partially dried - I was too impatient to wait long and got my fingers a bit messy), the bulk of time was spent hand stitching along the edges and around the shape! But it wasn't so bad, I got to do that part in the living room and hang out with Chris while he read - sometimes we wonder if we are the only couple that can go weeks without turning on the television!?



Anyway, I didn't really know what to do for the sentiment, so I stamped the Thanks onto a tag with Hero Arts Ink in Soft Cantaloupe, added the Simple Stories brad and voila! The card concept was easy, just the stitching was time-consuming but well worth it for someone who hand stitched my unborn daughter a blanket and a bib!!

No comments:

Post a Comment