Friday, May 10, 2013

Baseball Birthday Card!

It's our nephew's 13th birthday! So what kind of card do you make for a 13-year-old boy who is really great at baseball? This kind I suppose! :)



I knew for the past week I wanted to make a card like this, specifically a square shaped with a big baseball. I also am taking the Pop Off the Page 2 class with Jen Jockisch at Studio Calico, who had a great layout with all these sewn on pieces of fabric. I also was trying to decide if I should throw away all these muslin fabric bags I have, that some of the Studio Calico products come in... So these 3 separate pieces of information in my head culminated to form this simple birthday card!



I cut a piece of muslin fabric to 5x5, then lined up a circle template at the edges to pencil and hand-cut a greater circumference circle at the edges than using a corner punch. I hand sewed around the edges to keep it attached to the card better, then drew in the wavy lines and sewed with white floss. Finally I added my red thread, using a thicker thread, and stamped the sentiment onto the fabric with Black Staz-On ink, but went over it a little further with a Sharpie!

No comments:

Post a Comment