Friday, May 3, 2013

I Love Him!

Another layout for the Pop Off the Page 2 class with Jen Jockisch from Studio Calico! This time our challenge was to scraplift one of the layouts from the first lesson - so I scraplifted from Jen's layout, and it turned out a bit differently than I envisioned, but still so easy! Here my husband took it upon himself to wash and paint the windows in the house! He is extremely good at keeping our house in excellent condition, it would look so crappy otherwise!!



Originally I had selected some different color papers to layer, but after combining the black and white striped piece behind the photo and the greenish watercolor looking paper below the main photo, I realized I really wanted to stick to shades of black and fluorescent green! Once I figured that out, the process was a little slower, since I had to dig through my stash a bit to find the pieces I wanted to use, but still so easy! I love that my husband used such a cool color tape to mask off haha next time I should try to figure out my color scheme first, then have him use tape to match :)



To make the die cut, and other punched pieces from the fluorescent green, I knew I wanted to use my Hero Arts Neon green stamp pad, but without stamping… so I finally used these older Jenni Bowlin foam stamps that I've had for a year and a half now, and inked one up, then stamped it directly onto plain white paper. I cut the paper and ran it through my Silhouette to make the die cut! Then I used the same method to punch a circle and a notebook edge as well!



This is definitely a totally different way of scrapbooking for me, but really fun and simple to do!






No comments:

Post a Comment