Sunday, May 27, 2012

Bridge Walk

Last "Black Friday" in the afternoon, Chris and I were just driving around and randomly he drove us for a walk across the bridge across from Kodak Park (still don't know what it's called). It was pretty cold, so I bundled up in his fleece and hat and braved the high bridge and cold air!





I finally broke into the 35mm kit from Studio Calico and completed my first layout with it - only a few days till we get the next kit, oops! Hopefully I'll get at least one more layout done before we get the next one!




The inspiration was just the kit and after I chose that paper, I decided it was decorative enough it wouldn't need too much added to it! I chose a lighter color because when I looked at the pictures against a dark background, it looked a bit too dreary and wintery/gray. Even though this is Rochester, NY, it's not so bad as it looks in winter pictures sometimes!





HOW-TO:
  • I used the 35mm kit by Studio Calico
  • The main sheet of paper is Societe Paper from the Follow Your Heart "Be Amazing" collection by My Mind's Eye
  • I cut out some of the hexagons by hand and taped pieces of Turquoise Wood Paper from the On the Brightside collection by My Mind's Eye behind the cut out hexagons
  • I misted the color magic letter stickers from Heidi Swapp by Pink Paislee with Bluegrass Mister Huey's by Studio Calico
  • The "walk" stickers are Olive & Cream sticky keys by October Afternoon
  • The two die cuts are exclusive die cuts from Studio Calico and the Camera badge is a Marcy Penner Exclusive
  • The washi tape and twine are from Freckled Fawn
  • The photo frame is from a Memory File Vintage Instaframes from Heidi Swapp by Pink Paislee and the yellow gems are Twinkle Goosebumps by Queen & Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment