Friday, May 4, 2012

Birthday Card!

I will be busy making some cards this weekend, so here is the first - a birthday card for my cousin, who I'm going to see next week! Me and my two girl cousins are meeting up in Indiana where my parents are from and where my one cousin still lives! I am sooo beyond excited, especially because they are cousins from my Dad's side of the family. My Dad passed away in 1997 from Multiple Myeloma (cancer). I love that they share memories of my Dad. While we're there, we're going back to Turkey Run State Park to hike some of the trails that we used to at our family reunions! All of us staying there together was so much fun!


The layout of the card came from the first sketch in the Sketchbook 4 class, but mainly I drew inspiration from the layout done by Danielle Flanders! I loved her use of washi tape and the colors she used, but had to shrink it down to fit my card.



HOW-TO:
  • I prefer to use a 5x7" card these days because you can get so much more on there than the A2 size
  • Most of the supplies are from the City of Lights Kit by Studio Calico
  • The yellow piece of paper was leftover from my "Monkey Business" layout, called "Sunflower" by Lily Bee - I cut that to 6"x3.5"
  • What I should've done was just put the washi tapes down first, then figured out how big to make the small sheet of paper, but oh well - the washi tapes I used were: Aqua Airmail Washi Tape by Freckled Fawn, black dots SMASH tape by EK Success and Pickle Juice Dot by Bella Blvd
  • The Kraft tag with hearts is a With Love Gift Tag by Pebbles
  • The button is from the Pretty Party collection by Crate Paper
  • The butterfly stickers are by Sassasfras
  • I used glossy accents to adhere the stick pins from the PB&J collection by BasicGrey
  • The twine is from Jillibean Soup and the letter stickers are Scene thickers from Amy Tangerine's Sketchbook collection by American Crafts
  • Phew, list done!

No comments:

Post a Comment