Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mothers Day card

Here's the first a few Mothers' Day cards I will be making this spring - this one is for my Mom! I know she'll love it, and as I told my husband, since I used whole pack of wooden buttons on it, it is an expensive card hehe! But it feels great to use up the supplies I've bought, especially for a card for someone I love :)


The idea for this card came from Sketch #2 in the Sketchbook 4 online class! I just kept it simple and also used the same idea Davinie used from sketch #6 for the stitching portion of the card!



HOW-TO:
  • I used the City of Lights kit by Studio Calico for most of the card
  • The pink paper at the top is Light Pink Quatrefoil by Echo Park Paper Co
  • The piece at the bottom is called Invitation from the Pretty Party collection by Crate Paper
  • I hand stitched on top of that before I adhered it down
  • I used the back of that piece of Crate paper to stamp the sentiment with individual letter stamps using Soft Pool Shadow Ink by Hero Arts
  • I just sort of eyeballed it and adhered the Dear Lizzy Wooden Buttons and Epoxy Accents by American Crafts with zots

No comments:

Post a Comment