Monday, March 26, 2012

Village Burger

Village Burger was a fun burger joint in Atlanta Chris found online for us to go to while we dropped off his mom and sister at the mall nearby :)


I had already had it in my head that I wanted to use this layout by Kelly Purkey at SOME point this weekend, and used it right away to get the left side of the layout going! I just loved how those letters looked against the red background paper!


The colors of this kit are so bright and fun, and so easy to use with the pics we took in Atlanta! This layout came together so quickly and easily!


For the right side, I got to use the Polaroid stamp from Studio Calico to fill in the space at the top!


I took a picture of a newspaper article that was mounted on the wall at Village Burger and cut it from the picture and had it half slipped into that embellishment envelope! Then I couldn't dare to throw away that scrap of Crate Paper that I had punched out the blossoms for the other side of the layout, so maybe for the first time, I used that punched out piece as it's own embellishment!


HOW-TO:
  • I used the Story Hour kit by Studio Calico which had a lot of paper and embellishments from the Storyteller line by Crate Paper!!
  • I can't get enough of the foam thickers by American Crafts!
  • OK neither of those last 2 points were really a how-to but today is my day off and I just spent so much time blogging - you can get the supply list from here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment