Monday, March 26, 2012

Love

My favorite layout I made over the weekend! I LOVE this layout! We stopped for a few quick pics right near our hotel in Atlanta before heading out to dinner... figured we might as well get some pics while we were all dressed up!


The main inspiration for the left side came directly from Geralyn Sy's layout she made for her love of photography seen here! It was so awesome, I just had to try to use it!


I misted, stamped, and sewed on that tag - it might be the most techniqued-out embellishment ever!


The left side had a looser (yes looser, not loser) inspiration from Stephanie Howell's layout here - I saw it awhile back and remembered how she used some small punched pieces to make that ethereal sort of look!


I LOVE that paper strip I used on this page - it is amazing! It's from Crate Paper and I could tell it was a piece I would want to use over and over again on multiple layouts, just wish I had even more of it!


I borrowed my friend's White Mr. Huey's mist to mist the American Crafts for Studio Calico letter thickers that came in February's kit, Daydream Believer from Studio Calico! That was a mouthful! I hope I will remember to order the White mist in my next order!

HOW-TO:
  • Again, I used the Story Hour kit from Studio Calico for most of this layout!!
  • Like Geralyn did, I cut the camera out of the Kesi'Art paper
  • At first I stamped those circles on the left side directly onto the dark cardstock and embossed in a dark blue-green, but it wasn't showing up very well and looked boring, so I re-did the stamp on that piece of Crate Paper and embossed in white, then cut around it and adhered it over the old one :)
  • I used the Amy Tangerine heart from the AT bits by American Crafts and traced around it first on a matching reddish cardstock, then cut a little bigger so it would fit perfectly behind it
  • The middle strip of paper was the perforated bottom portion from the bottom of another piece of American Crafts paper - I love that they have the perforations so you don't have to cut it yourself!
  • On the right side I used the Creative Memories butterfly and dragonfly pocket punches and wrote in white with the Uniball Signo pen!

No comments:

Post a Comment