Sunday, March 18, 2012

Games, Rides, & Fun!

Last summer we went to Darien Lake (Six Flags) theme park with tix we got from Chris's company. We went one Friday afternoon and rode some rides, played some games... and had some fun... until Chris got really motion sick from the rollercoasters he used to be able to ride when he was little and we had to go home immediately ha!


Since I knew I wanted to use the County Fair kit from Studio Calico, I found some inspiration from Lisa Truesdell's (from the SC design team) layout here. I almost never use plain card stock for background paper but felt less scared by a colored piece, plus the ampersand misting mask showed up perfectly on it!


The cards embellishments came from the Sasparilla miscellany pack and were perfect for this layout! I added some sewing across the top to finish it off.



HOW-TO:
  • This is my 8th 1-page layout using the County Fair kit by Studio Calico and I still have plenty left to work with!!
  • The colored cardstock is Powder by American Crafts
  • The numbered stamp and the wooden letters are from Studio Calico
  • The cards are from the Sasparilla miscellany pack by October Afternoon
  • The little banner, and top border paper is from the Sasparilla collection as well, as is the wooden blossom circle from the Sasparilla flower sack and the Date sticker from the Sasparilla flag banners all from October Afternoon!
  • I sprayed Mister Huey's bonny blue using the Ampersand mask from Studio Calico
  • And that bottom strip is like my favorite piece of Crate paper ever, "Handpicked"

No comments:

Post a Comment