Monday, March 26, 2012

Georgia Aquarium

This layout took me quite awhile and I'm still not sure it's completed, but here it is (click to see the larger view):


This is the start of the pics we got from going to the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta! Everyone loves a picture of someone taking a picture! Chris had the nice DLSR camera, so I took a quick shot with my little point and shoot :)


This left side of the layout came together fairly quickly, when I just started cutting big strips of matching papers. Then I decided to use that MME circle banner twine and the main part of the page was covered! I couldn't throw away those scrap triangles I cut out so found a way to use them to complete the page.



The right side took forever, including an overnight of thinking about it!


I knew I've been wanting to make perhaps a pie chart or something similar for awhile, so I started cutting circles and folding them and made a pie chart, but then I remembered I had another arrow spinner from the OA Sidewalks miscellany pack and turned it into a spinner embellishment! I cut out some pics of fish (suggested by fellow scrapper Heather) and placed them around it!



HOW-TO:
  • I used the March kit, Story Hour from Studio Calico for this layout!
  • To make the pie spinner, I chose my paper, then cut out the same size circle from each - about 4.25" using the circle template from Creative Memories
  • Then I folded each circle in half and trimmed along the fold... folded and cut that half circle in half to get quarter circle size pieces... repeat again to get the 1/8ths of the circle pieces, do this till you end up with 8 pie pieces!
  • I cut one more circle out of white paper, slightly larger than the original circles and glued the pie pieces inside it!
  • Got a brad from my friend Kara and added the spinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment