Monday, August 31, 2015

#Challenge52Kits Field Guide - October 2011

Let's go back to October 2011...


ABOUT FIELD GUIDE | I loved a lot of the soft colors of this kit, but mixed in with some of the darker elements from the Nightfall collection by American Crafts made it lovely, like a light fall evening.


REALITY | Like I said in my last post, I tried to make a mini album with it because the papers were so gorgeous but ended up having to toss it because it came apart and I never finished it anyway. However, I did use the Almanac add-on to actually complete a full vacation mini album with that awesome Amy Tangerine mini book (scroll down to see the inside)!!


Field Guide leftover

Perennial leftover

Greenhouse leftover

Almanac leftover


A LAYOUT | OK, so I was just reviewing some older layouts from my Inspiration book and found this layout by Lisa Dickinson and thought that would be a fun one plus I had some pics of our lunch (and dinner) from Freddy's on our last day of vacation in Florida that would go perfectly! I used the same font, Pacifico, in my Silhouette to cut out my title. The only thing I would've liked to do differently maybe would be to pick a different background color for the strips of paper - that yellow is a bit strong, but oh well.

VACATION ALBUM | Check out the below images - I used a lot of Amy Tangerine products, as well as some from the October Afternoon Boarding Pass collection. I finished all but the last couple of pages, but didn't have a whole lot to put in them anyway, so it really doesn't bother me.


NEXT UP | So join me next week as I tackle a bit of a tougher one for me, Handmade from November 2011! I'm thinking some pics of my daughter and my Grandma together might pair well with this kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment