Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Bills

Last summer we went to the Bills Training camp at the end of July. It was a very HOT day out, and we had just gotten back from the car show at Spencerport Canal Days, where I couldn't even make the walk between the car show down to the canal to get snacks and check out more of the festival! Somehow, Chris convinced me to then head right over to the Bills Training Camp, which I really didn't feel like doing, because I assumed we were driving all the way out to Buffalo (about 45-50 minute drive), when really it was just at St. John Fisher college - much closer! I didn't know it was there until we pulled in to park and then we just laughed! Chris was like, no wonder you didn't feel like going!



I knew I had these three pictures and wanted possibly to use some frames that came in this month's Spencer's kit by Studio Calico. I really built the idea of this page in my Silhouette software first. After realizing I probably didn't have a whole lot of embellishments to choose from for this particular layout, I decided to make use of the papers that went with my color scheme - Bills colors: blue, red and white (can't you just picture those zubaz pants?) and made 4 long panels, about 2.75"x9.5" and cut banners from the ends.



I knew I wanted a strip along the top of the banners, but didn't want just another rectangle and reached for the stamp from this month's kit - that diamond pattern, stamped and cut it out to add just the right touch I was going for! I used black pen to draw in where the stamp didn't saturate the paper completely (one great thing about stamping with black). I added some Amy Tangerine foam thickers for some dimension and did the rest of the title with my Smash labeler.



I found an image of the Buffalo Bills logo and traced it with the Silhouette and cut it out for my main embellishment and finally added some journaling along the bottom. Quick and easy, owe this one to the Silhouette!

No comments:

Post a Comment