Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Game Day!

I am just loving my new workspace, even though it's in the basement, it is great to have a space that is separate from where I work during the day! These pics were from a Rochester Red Wings game we went to last summer with our church crew! We got last minute tickets and had just bought a Mazda Miata, so drove it to the game with the top down - oh what fun memories!




My inspiration came from the Sketchbook 4 class by Kelly Purkey that I took last year! I used the sketch from her layout for Sketch #9 because I knew I would just want to add a bunch of pieces to this layout and keep it fairly simple.




The stuff I used is a mishmash of stuff from the past! Starting with the piece of background paper - it is a piece of Pebbles paper that I think came in my very first Studio Calico kit I ever bought (and also my favorite to this day) - Lawn Party from May 2011!! Most of the little pieces are from October Afternoon's 9-to-5 collection, except the pennants are from BasicGrey, the Sat badge is from Studio Calico, the letters are from last year's City of Lights kit, and the wood veneer hello is from...? One of the past SC kits. The orange speech bubble and Saturday sticker are the only "new" items, from this month's Spencer's kit by Studio Calico! Phew!




I was able to grab (find) all these random items because of my new scrapbook area - it is much better organized so far, and I am able to dig through my stash much more efficiently, where before I had to have things out in front of me to remember to use them! Hopefully this will translate to being much more productive now (at least until the baby comes)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment