Sunday, August 12, 2012

Washi Layouts!

For the third time so far, my friend Kara came over today and we scrapped the "same" layout, both scraplifting from this layout by Karen for My Mind's Eye! We both have a growing stash of washi tape that we needed to find justification for, so we went with this washi tape layout to make!!


So first up is this layout, "The Three Mustache-keteers" by Kara Nettnin!! Hahaha, funny pictures!! These pics were taken for a 5K race here in Rochester, NY she and her two other friends dressed up for with those matching tank tops and rocked the policeman mustaches!!




For the main part of the title, Kara stamped the black mustaches with Staz On ink but still had to go over it some with black marker because of the unevenness of the textured paper. She used foam thickers for the title and added some sewing which made me laugh because it looks like mustache lines down the paper! Perfect!!





Next up is my layout "This Way to the Bronx" again from the trip to NYC in June that my husband Chris and I took!




I used some supplies (the lined stamp, the Bronx cardboard letter stickers, and tabbed die cut) from the Summer of '69 kit by Studio Calico, and sewed on the "this" swatch with the yellow arrow. Kara let me borrow her Smash labeler to make the labels for the "This Way to the" part of the title!




Another day, another layout completed!! Wow, once you scrap this way - scraplifting the same layout with a friend, you don't want to scrap any other way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment