Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Paesans

A couple more pics from Arthur Ave in the Bronx, aka the real Little Italy, from this past June! Paesans, heyyy!




So this layout came together about 50x faster than that last one... what's the secret? I don't know! I definitely had some inspiration from this week's Weekly Challenge over at Studio Calico, but I didn't realize the challenge had to use wood frames, instead I just scraplifted it!




I definitely could've added a few more embellishments (always) or done some misting or found a place to add some sewing but geesh, I just needed to get this layout done in one "sitting" while the ideas were still in my head!





HOW-TO:
  • I used this month's Summer of '69 kit by Studio Calico
  • The main piece of paper I used was "Backgammon" from the Paper Cottage collection by BasicGrey - Before I started this page, I fell in love with the side you see at the top of the page, the dark with the colored circles but ended up using both sides, the brighter side where the pictures went so they'd show up better
  • The banner was easy enough, since it came already sewn like that, from the Clippings collection by BasicGrey
  • The chipboard letters were also from BasicGrey
  • Everything else except the Star on the stick from the No Limits collection Heidi Swapp came as part of the Studio Calico kit

No comments:

Post a Comment