Monday, January 30, 2012

Air Show Page Layout

Woohoo! This is my 5th post of January! Sometimes it's hard to keep up, especially when I'm trying to provide a better variety of posts and two of these were 2-page 12x12 layouts! ::pat on back:: OK so let's get started - I have lots of pics to scrap from the Blue Angels air show last summer!


This left-side page layout idea came from p.82 of the July issue of Scrapbook Trends magazine, from a layout called "The Stars Shine in Your Eyes" by Lydia Jackson. Maybe that's how I first thought of the stars too... but then I got the idea for the Echo Park letter stickers on punched stars from p.105 of the September issue of Scrapbook Trends, from a layout called "Navy Girl" by Lynn Warner! I'm not creative, I don't think of all this stuff myself. I steal ideas lots and mash them together :)


The right-side of the layout sort of just followed suit - I guess usually one side of my layout is well thought out and the other is just pieced together using the same materials I used for the "good" side haha.


By the way - the day we went to the airshow was HOT!! Anyone who went either that Saturday or Sunday would remember that it was a scorcher. I had to just keep dumping water on my head and later found a shady spot next to a truck to sit while Chris walked around alone haha, I hardly last when it's hot out!

HOW-TO:
  • The papers used were from the "American Made" collection by My Mind's Eye
  • I used the Embossed Star punch from Creative Memories with letter stickers from the "For the Record" collection by Echo Park Paper Co.
  • The left side border is a punch from EK Success
  • After the layout was complete, I went back and added rub-ons from the "Boarding Pass" collection by October Afternoon
  • I journaled on a tag from Ormolu and added the perfect brad from American Crafts Elements, medium jewel brads

No comments:

Post a Comment