Monday, October 5, 2015

#Challenge52Kits Story Hour - March 2012

Story Hour, yay!! The nerd in me, and the more "boyish" colors loved this kit at the time when it was just me and my husband!


ABOUT STORY HOUR | Lots from the Crate Paper collection called Storyteller, which I loved, and oh those white foam thickers from the Illustrated add-on, yes please! I bought 3 add-ons for this month and actually made 9 or 10 layouts with it, so it wasn't all to waste! But I def have plenty of leftover!


Main kit leftover

Illustrated leftover

Encyclopedia leftover

Narrative leftover

A LAYERED TEMPLATE | I bought this set of layered templates from Studio Calico in a digital sale at some point but never used it, so figured I'd give it a whirl since I could make use of multiple patterned papers and those were probably my favorite part of this kit! So I quickly dropped my photos in, then printed up just the photos all on an 8.5x11 sheet and cut them out.


A LAYOUT | Once I cut out the squares (diamonds), it was just a matter of cutting some papers and filling in the rest - super simple and fast! I made the title and added my journaling and done!


WCMD CARD | I finished my layout a day early so I could work on some cards for World Cardmaking Day, so my first card was this one, inspired by the layout I had just made and instead of photos, I just got to use more pretty patterned paper! I cheated a little bit with this one though - I had also purchased the Storyteller 6x6 paper pad from AC Moore I think, at a later date, so I used those smaller patterned papers which work better with the cards anyway. I made just did a quick stamp for the thank you and stamped twice below it without re-inking to get the ombre/faded look. Quick embellishment and done!


NEXT UP | City of Lights from April 2012. Prior to this kit, I did not know that Paris was called the city of lights, there I admit it, I can go to sleep at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment