Saturday, April 12, 2014

Hello Friends

A lovely family photo of our friends who were visiting us mid-moving across the planet! Originally, I was also going to include a square photo of our family that we got too, which is why the background paper doesn't seem to match very well - it matched our photo more, but ended up putting that photo in the pocket.


This is definitely an amalgamation of supplies - I used papers from the Office Hours kit, the ampersand card from the Stitched class over at Studio Calico with Paige Evans, the envelope and cork asterisks from the Pip Embellishment kit by Studio Calico and the arrow stamp from Kelly Purkey's latest Sketchbook class that hasn't started yet! Oh and not to mention I used another sketch from SimpleScrapper.com!!


I loved the sketch, but when I got stuck, it really helped having the Spark magazine (included with the Simple Scrapper membership) to draw further inspiration from with the sketch. Also, I was able to hand stitch the ampersand in my living room instead of my scrap area in the basement, which was a nice break since the weather was nice out yesterday and I had the windows open! Maybe I will need to add more stitching on my layouts now!

No comments:

Post a Comment