Saturday, April 12, 2014

Picture Perfect

Our friends stopped over with their little one on my birthday - which was our first time meeting her! Since she was a little over 5 months old and Natalie was not quite 7 months old, they didn't interact too much but it was still so nice to get together!


Before I printed my pictures, I started with a sketch for this month, from SimpleScrapper.com! It was cool because the sketches also come as templates, so I opened the sketch/template with Photoshop Elements, sized my photos and placed them on the layout digitally first. I got to see how they might look and decided to go with the sketch! That also helped me know what size to print the photos (4x3).


For the middle photo of Natalie, which I wanted to use there since she was looking to that side anyways, I grayed out the background and used a stamp brush to stamp the sentiment onto the photo. I really liked doing that!


I mostly used the Office Hours kit by Studio Calico for this layout, with the exception of the gold doily, puffy heart stickers, washi tapes on the journal card, and 2014 stamp/ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment