Sunday, March 3, 2013

Lilac Festival!

Last spring Chris and I headed to Highland Park for Rochester's annual lilac festival! Chris wanted to go this particular day to see Lou Gramm (lead singer of Foreigner and Rochester native) perform, and I wanted to hunt down some artichokes french from a food vendor (win-win)!




This layout began by drawing inspiration from Maggie Holmes' awesome layout here! But after I added the washi tape, I realized two things - 1. I got stuck on how to make it my own without copying it exactly and 2. I placed my washi tape all wrong on the page. Ugh! Therefore, this layout sat out on my desk for the past 2 weeks or so...




I finally decided just to revisit this layout and get it off my desk, so I reviewed some of the things I learned from the online class Bright Ideas with Nicole Samuels! She had some great tips for embellishments in a video and I put them to use, and even tied the elements together by repeating them with the stamping along the edges!




Even though it ended up being a simple layout, I am glad it didn't end up a carbon copy of my inspiration and made a small dent in my old stash of buttons!

No comments:

Post a Comment