Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Romans 2

Here are the past few weeks of Bible study notes - all of Romans Chapter 2! Yesterday, on my day off, I spent the afternoon and evening catching up and doing all these pages! The downside to this was that this morning Chris said he really missed me since we didn't hang out much last night. On the upside though, I got to rediscover Chapter 2 all in one shot and really brought it together for me! So maybe husband will just have to miss me for one day a month or so hehe! Here we go:


Romans 2:1-4

Oh man, if this chapter doesn't convict you and make you look at your own heart, I don't know what will!


I was playing with the Silhouette so cut some simple shapes here, added some stamps and washi tape and mostly used the space for my notes!


Some points to think about:
* When we pass judgment, we think we have the ability to recognize the flaw in someone else
* Who are we to judge when we just want mercy
* We can only judge based on our perception, we don't know the heart


Romans 2:5-16

I looked at my notes for this sermon and realized it would be a TON of writing... and since I still had 3 sermons to cover, I printed some of it out.


The other side I kept real simple and just added some stamps from the Sock Hop kit by Studio Calico so I could get the rest written down.


* A God of love gives His ONLY son to die in our place
* He doesn't send anyone to hell, man sends himself


Romans 2:17-24

I guess I had Christmas subconsciously in my brain when I made these pages? Perhaps just a little? Oh well, we can't celebrate Christmas enough!


Chris randomly found me a typewriter on major clearance last week! I had been asking for one for awhile and he found a great deal!! I decided again, instead of writing all those verses out to try out my trusty new typewriter - I used the print feature, which just types as you type, so there were a few typos I had to white out - no wonder white out was so huge back in the day! I never knew I can't bring my fingers to type the word "thou" without turning it into the word "though" haha :)


* Knowledge isn't supposed to puff you up to look down at others, it's supposed to make you want to serve!
* Are you practicing what you preach?


Romans 2:17-24 con't, Romans 2:25-29

So for message this past weekend on Romans 2:25-29, I missed the teaching because I was at the scrapbook retreat. In other words, to get notes for this message I went to the CC Westside website here and listened to it and typed it up instead of hand writing them, wherefore thou seeist my typed notes instead of wherein thou might seeist handwritten notes ;)


On the left side I stamped those pinked circles which was great because we were given all those examples in the Bible where people were judging others.


* You're professing more than you possess
* Man will judge God according to your behavior
* Christian, get before the Lord and ask God if there is any area in my life that I'm a stumbling block to? Is my witness a joke?


Romans 2:25-29 con't

I clearly missed out on a great message, but there was so much content I'm glad I was able to listen back and type it out - and catch more than if I was handwriting furiously without a pause button to help me!


I kept this super simple with some washi tape on the left side and a Tim Holtz stamp on the right side since the page was already decorated.


* You have ordinances without obedience, you have rituals without reality
* Circumcise your hearts - the Lord is looking at the inward, He wants a true commitment
* Go in your prayer closet, get on your face, humble yourself before the Lord, pray to him to show your heart and brace for it, confess your sin
* Remove the deception that you're OK because you're religious



There it is - all of Romans Chapter 2!! Have a nice day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment