Thursday, January 12, 2012

Anniversary card

This card is a combination of a few ideas I've been wanting to "get down on paper" hehe :) Mainly, the hearts floating out of an envelope... except I can't re-locate which issue of Scrapbook Trends I saw that on, but it was in one of the issues, by someone a lot more talented and creative than me!


The second idea was using the brads as a "brad-scrunchie" for the ribbon. It was harder than it looked to make it look perfectly scrunchie, but a fun way to add ribbon and give it a little something extra. I got this idea from this blog for Scrapbook & Cards Today.


The cool thing about making the envelope was that I got to use my new Martha Stewart Score Board which made it super easy! I used the guide to score the #1 sized envelope from Kraft paper.

HOW-TO SUPPLY LIST:
  • Background and hearts paper, brads: "Daily News" from the Out of Print collection by BasicGrey
  • Punches: Mini heart Maker and I-forget-the-name-of-it, heart dust maker? both by Creative Memories
  • Stamped sentiment: Sentiments by Studio Calico embossed with Apricot Zing embossing powder by American Crafts
  • Ribbon: From the Amy Tangerine collection by American Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment