Sunday, January 15, 2012

First 12x12 layout of 2012!

It has been a couple months since I've completed a 12x12 layout, so I was determined to get one done this weekend! This was a second layout of the pics I had from the family day at my husband's company this past summer.


I don't have a specific reference for my inspiration, however I've seen a few layouts recently by Nancy Damiano using the same Boarding Pass collection by October Afternoon. The colors of the collection worked perfectly with these bright pictures! I love the layouts she does, because they are full and look complete but do not distract your attention from the pictures. Plus, her style leans towards using straight lines instead of random placement, and I'm not good at making randomness look nice. Here is a link to her blog.


I asked my husband for a good, short title for the layout and he came up with Logistics since that's basically what's in the pictures on that side, the logistical part of coordinating the shipments of their main product, Sno-pushers (big yellow commercial size snow plows). Anyway, he was happy to give his input as his contribution to our scrapbooks!


I guess you can't see the picture very well, but the top left pic on the right side of the page shows the Blue Angels flying over the company! They were out practicing that day for their shows over the weekend (which we went to the next day). It was so cool to watch them practice!



LOGISTICS:
  • If you can muster the courage to cut up 12x12 sheets of paper, I cut 2 sheets of paper mounted on Kraft cardstock (The right side was cut at 8.5" and the left side inner piece was cut at 6" with that remaining strip being the 3.5" strip leftover from the right side)
  • The chipboard embellishments, letter stickers and paper were all part of the Boarding Pass collection by October Afternoon
  • The manila tag came as part of the Field Guide kit by Studio Calico

No comments:

Post a Comment