Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Day at Sea... or Creek

I finally got a chance to do my own scrapbooking this past weekend! Even if it was just one page layout, it felt great! Here we have a kayaking scrapbook layout from a sunny summer afternoon earlier this year. It was so much fun!


My husband Chris is def the type to go his own way, whereas I'm more of a rules follower... so I was a little shocked to turn around and find him following his own shortcut through the reeds. I assumed we'd get stuck or capsize, but I guess we were ok!


The best part was the other couple that passed by us, heading back to the paddle center asking us how far we had come out because they had been lost for a few hours and looks so tired! Chris and I had a chuckle about that after they passed... and shortly thereafter, we decided to turn around before we became them and also got lost!



HOW-TO:
  • The main paper was the Aldrin paper from Studio Calico that was in their June kit Paper Moon, the colors just matched perfectly!
  • For the left side, I cut the American Crafts black paper to 10"x10" and the American Crafts leaf (green) paper to 9.5"x9.5" on top of the black
  • The letter stickers are Peacock Lovely Thickers from the Amy Tangerine line by American Crafts (they are molded foam rubber stickers)
  • The buttons are from the Boarding Pass collection by October Afternoon and looped a bit of twine in one of them from part of the Daily Junque collection by House of Three/PinkPaislee
  • The camera stamp and sentiment are from Studio Calico, and I cut the circles using the cutting system from Creative Memories
  • By the way, since I used 2 12x12 sheets of that main Aldrin paper, and only had 2 sheets of it, where did I get that extra bit to make that circle? I'm glad you asked! Because I did not want to waste that good paper and since most of it on the left side would be covered by the middle square, I used my trimmer to cut a large square out of the middle before mounting the black and green squares on top of it! I did the same for the black paper on the right side. No need to waste the entire 12x12 if you can help it!
  • For the right side, I misted an Inkessentials #5 size manila tag with Applejack Mister Huey's spray mist
  • The circle part of the tag, I colored in with the Zig Embossing Pen and embossed it with Leaf Zing embossing powder by American Crafts before using the same twine color to tie around the end
  • The sticker is from the Amy Tangerine by American Crafts sticker book

No comments:

Post a Comment