Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Birthday Card

I have a TON of scrapping to do this weekend... this one had to be done today since it is for my sister-in-law and we are celebrating her birthday tonight, a week early since we'll be out of town next weekend for her actual birthday.


Perhaps I should've kept with the same color scheme from the original idea seen here, but I just love the cool colors that were part of the Boardwalk kit from Studio Calico!



HOW-TO:
  • Even though you probably can't tell, I first sprayed a piece of Vanilla cardstock from Creative Memories with Mister Huey's Lemonade mist
  • Used aFiskars border punch for the right border and the Creative Memories mini square maker all punched from Studio Calico paper
  • I used regular twine, My Mind's Eye Lime Twist twine, and Daily Junque by Pink Paislee House of Three twine and tied them around each square (very carefully) - my only trick here is to cut off an extra long piece to tie big loops then pull them tight to a much smaller size
  • The "Happy Birthday" letters are also from My Mind's Eye Lime Twist while the letters for her name are Teal & Cream Sticky Keys by October Afternoon stuck to circles made with the Creative Memories mini circle maker and popped up
  • The camera stamp is new from the Amy Tangerine line by American Crafts, probably my newest favorite line of scrapbooking supplies; it is embossed with Teal Metallic finish embossing powder also by American Crafts and colored the heart in with a red marker

Side note: After I brought the card out to the backyard where my husband was cleaning his four wheeler (ATV), I showed him the card and he replied "I like how you've been doing lots of emblazoning lately" HAHAHA, this was his way of saying embossing - he always mixes up the terms but the ones he comes up with are so funny :)

No comments:

Post a Comment