Monday, September 14, 2015

#Challenge52Kits Brooklyn Flea - December 2011

Brooklyn Flea... where was I in December 2011? Absent perhaps.


ABOUT BROOKLYN FLEA | Not your typical December kit, not super Christmas-y, and I LOVED that it wasn't!


Brooklyn Flea + Salvaged add-on leftovers minus the card stock

REALITY | But reality is, I might've made 1 or 2 cards with this kit MAYBE, and that's it. I hardly remember this kit at all, except later thinking how much I loved the look of it, but never got around to working with it! I had only purchased 1 add-on kit, so maybe that's part of why I didn't do much with it or remember it well.


A LAYOUT | For this layout of my family eating dinner together for my daughter's 2nd birthday, I scraplifted this older layout by SC user paperandpetals because I really liked the banners and getting to use a bunch of those papers together! Plus I used up a bunch of those nice buttons!


BONUS PROJECT | Going with the theme of last week and using my layout as inspiration to make a card from the kit as well, I made this card base. It's just the start of a card, because I want to be able to use it for any occasion, maybe a thank you, maybe a boy birthday... but this way I have a quick start and idea all ready!


CARD UPDATE 10/2015 | I ended up needing to send some photographs to my Grandma's friend and of course, I couldn't send just an envelope, so I finished up this card to send along with the photos! I added some foam adhesive to the bottoms of the banners to make them stand out a bit more and then stamped and embossed the sentiment at the bottom. I was a little skeptical how I could use that card base, but it was perfect for this occasion and so glad I had it to work from to send out some really quick mail!


NEXT UP | County Fair from January 2012 - One of my top 3 ALL-TIME favorite kits I think! Why? Mainly because of Amy Tan's Stretch Your Kit class that got me to make 9 layouts with this kit and really gave me permission to USE my beloved supplies instead of hoard them!! It will be interesting though to see what I have leftover and how I am going to squeeze another layout with it. I think I actually made 10 layouts total.

No comments:

Post a Comment