Thursday, September 24, 2015

#Challenge52Kits County Fair - January 2012

Oops, I almost forgot to post this week my exploration of squeezing out one more layout from one of my top 3 or 5 kits of all time - County Fair!


ABOUT COUNTY FAIR | I loved the great woodgrain in this one and absolutely LOVED the Sasparilla collection from October Afternoon that made up a good amount of the kit and add-ons, plus I don't know... that country type feel for some reason!


Main kit leftover

REALITY | This was the first kit I actually made use of! I had signed up for Studio Calico's first class "Stretch Your Kit" with Amy Tan and made 9 layouts with this kit and add-ons! Later I made one more layout, making 10 layouts! The silly thing is seeing how much I really still have left over even after making all that, but I attribute that in part to buying more and add-on patterned paper quite often (I think I purchased just the more patterned paper for this month), so that doubles the main kit papers. I don't think I stopped buying add-on paper till later in 2012, so we'll (hopefully) start seeing a lot less leftovers!


Shooting Gallery leftover

Photo Booth leftover


A LAYOUT | For my layout I had this photo from a zoo trip with our friends that I wanted to put into Chris' album, so I made it 8.5x11. I had looked up some ideas but ended up just grabbing some leftover scraps and a piece of paper from that pad of paper around the page! So it kinda came together really fast! The only pieces that weren't from this kit are the round wood camera stamp (I liked this one from Amy Tangerine better than the one that came in the kit) and the jewels in the middle because the green buttons from the kit popped up just a little too much for me to want to use on a scrapbook page. Below you can see the Color Theory inks I selected to stamp with.


BONUS PROJECT | I made a thank you card for my sister and used my layout for inspiration, specifically the top right! So this card was super quick and easy and she loved it, especially since her name is Julie but Natalie called her "Aunt Juwie" haha!


NEXT UP | Daydream Believer from February 2012! This was a beautiful kit and back then I didn't have my daughter, so I'm looking forward to making something girly with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment