Sunday, June 22, 2014

We're Having a Good Time

Back today, having finally finished this layout that has sat on my table for a couple weeks because 1. I got really stuck after I had my papers picked out and the general idea of this page together, and 2. I've been trying to prepare my family for a Florida vacation, our first time traveling with our 10 month old baby... however we cancelled the trip the night before, after a large dose of reality hit us and now we are enjoying a Staycation instead! When I am on Staycation, I get to do some scrapbooking :)


Anyway, the idea for this layout came from Kelly Purkey's Sketchbook 2014 class I took at Studio Calico last month. I printed up my photos, I had just received the new June kit, Hello Hello, and even selected and cut my background paper - the blue swirls and green bottom with the bluish strip. That is where things came to a screeching halt! I was going to do a one-line title to the left of the photos, but other than that I had no idea what to do and realized I would want to fill in more of that space on the paper because it still seemed very lacking.


So yesterday Natalie finally returned to a better nap schedule (she hardly napped the previous 2 days that we would've been in FL, because she was teething - so it was a good thing we didn't go), and I was able to make some headway on this layout! I purchased this title cut file from the Silhouette Online store, and outlined it to make it stand out more. I cut the banners from a fun piece of paper in this month's kit and then finally I used Gillian Nelson's layout here as inspiration to make a small cluster in the upper left corner. That really helped me not have to think how to make the cluster since someone already did that for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment