Thursday, June 14, 2012

Another engagement card!

My friend Kiet proposed to his girl, Ariel this past weekend! We just happen to be going to the city this weekend and will see them tomorrow for lunch! So happy for them!!




I do not recommend re-creating this card - it took me the better part of the day to finally complete it!! I placed strips of washi tape on vellum paper and punched out hearts using the old Creative Memories Heart dust punch - and had all these tiny hearts and leftover "confetti"... def pulled out the tweezers for this one! The punching alone took a few hours because I was pulling out such small pieces - count 'em that's 108 hearts (actually added one to help with my misalignment), so that's 109 tiny freaking hearts to pick up!




Well my husband, who is good at spraying things - he has lots of experience with spray paint for his bikes and 4wheeler stuff, he showed me how to use my new Elmers Craft Bond, so I could spray down my card and just place the hearts. He did a sample on a scrap piece of paper and it seemed easy enough, then he left for a little bit on his 4-wheeler which left me to my own devices - aka helpless! I sprayed so much I had like a quarter inch of goo, but tried placing the hearts anyway - got goo everywhere! About 2 rows into it, Chris came inside and saw the mess and suggested I start over (HECK NO) so I sacrificed my hands and tweezered off 2 rows of hearts from the goo pool and put them on a new card. For the remaining 90 hearts, I tweezered each one and used my glue pen to glue and place them down!




Anyway, I hope Kiet and Ariel really enjoy my card as well as being engaged!

HOW-TO:
  • I cut the bottom piece of paper from the 6x6 pad of paper from the Sketchbook by Amy Tangerine collection by American Crafts, and the cloud strip is the bottom piece of one of the 12x12 papers from the same line
  • The washi tapes are from Freckled Fawn, Bella Blvd, and American Crafts
  • The LOVE part of the title are Scene Thickers from Amy Tangerine for American Crafts
  • The remaining title stickers are Grilled Gray Alphabeans from Jillibean Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment