Thursday, June 14, 2012

Fathers Day Card - Part 2!

This card is for my stepdad! I knew I just wanted to make something masculine looking, without any particular "theme" such as tie, golf or something else that doesn't necessarily pertain to him. I am loving how this turned out though!




Anyway, one thing I want to note for next year - newsprint and woodgrain paper patterns fit pretty well for masculine cards! I decided it was time to try out one of my misting masks and without any ideas yet in my head, pulled out the Circle Graph mask... I decided to offset it once I saw the size compared to the card I had.




Originally thinking I'd use white spray mist, I used a white piece of test paper, so on my test I tried a teal color first, then the new gold that I haven't tried yet, wow perfect! The color against the teal in the woodgrain looks awesome and I like the opaque-y look of it! Def want to use this more often!





HOW-TO:
  • The main piece of paper is "Teal Woodgrain" from the On the Bright Side collection by My Mind's Eye
  • The Circle Graph mask is a Mister Huey's mask by Studio Calico, as is the mist in Gold
  • I also misted the corrugated cardboard heart from Jillibean Soup
  • The sparkly gold letter stickers are Recollections from Michael's

No comments:

Post a Comment