Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fathers Day card!




Fathers' Day is almost here and I'm scrambling extra much since we won't be around for it, so need to get these in the mail ASAP! This one is for my father-in-law and the title on the card that I stamped is sort of joke he tells... so even if you all don't understand it, he will think it's funny!




Mainly, I wanted to stamp that sentiment as well as the Happy Fathers Day sentiment, so I just added some triangles in between to give it some color. But how awesome is that newsprint paper!





HOW-TO:
  • The paper is Antique Newsprint by Bazzill Basics Paper and came in last month's 35mm kit by Studio Calico
  • I cut the triangles from different papers in the 6x6 pad of paper from the Shine On collection by BasicGrey that I actually found at JoAnn's (thanks to my friend Kara for the tip!)
  • To make the triangles, I measured that I wanted a triangle with approximately 1.5" width, so I cut squares at 1.125"x1.125" (that should equal 1 and 1/8th inches), then cut them in half along the diagonal
  • Added some twine, some Life of the Party "Charmed" alphabet stickers from the Lime Twist collection by My Mind's Eye, and a random hand rub-on from the Farmhouse collection by October Afternoon
  • Afterwards I pulled up the corners to add black photo corners to add to the old-fashioned look of the card

No comments:

Post a Comment