Saturday, August 6, 2011

Thinking of You Card

I never like when I have to make a "get well soon card" since that means someone is sick, injured or hurting, but it is also an opportunity to try to make something that will help encourage someone or lift them up, so that is the good part.


The basic idea for this card came from a card I saw on Pinterest.com here, by Ashley Newell. It only came together after I received my August kit from Studio Calico which came with those scalloped fabric ribbons from Pink Paislee.


HOW-TO:
  • The paper is called Teal Song by Crate Paper which was made specially just for Studio Calico, and punched with a Fiskars border punch
  • I misted each scallop ribbon with a different color spray mist - Bluegrass by Mister Huey's (bottom-most), Frequent Flyer Sprinklers by October Afternoon, and Lemonade by Mister Huey's. About the misting, I gotta say it is my first application using spray mist and I LOVE IT! It looks great on paper too! The Mister Huey's really impressed me, the way it mists is awesome, but I think I need to give the Sprinklers another try because it seemed to clump a little and leave more of a stained look, like I spilled it in places than a cool, misted look like the Mister Huey's gave.
  • I used a corrugated cardboard butterfly by Jillibean Soup - I pushed it face down into my VersaMark Watermark stamp pad and embossed it with ZING! metallic teal emobssing powder by American Crafts, then I used one of the bigger butterfly shapes and traced the outline on a piece of Butter cardstock by American Crafts, cut it out and layered the cardboard butterfly on top if that
  • The letters are Out of the Blue "Playful" Alphabet from the Lime Twist collection by My Mind's Eye
  • Everything but the butterfly came in the August kit Boardwalk by Studio Calico and once again I proved my husband right in that I always just use the "new" stuff - he says I don't play my old videogames hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment