Monday, August 1, 2011

Cheerful Butterfly

This card started with a search on the site Pinterest.com. I found this picture there and decided to print it and see if it would at least inspire me to make something beautiful and cheerful for this card, and I think it worked!


The butterfly paper I've used for previous cards, also worked well with this image, but this time I cut out the butterflies by hand from the paper. This paper is probably one of my all-time favorites!


HOW-TO:
  • Printed the picture posted on Pinterest.com on my Canon Selphy CP800
  • Cut Fly Away paper by Studio Calico and angled on the card, cutting off the edges
  • Wrapped some basic twine from Wal-Mart (just in the tools area, while perusing those aisles with my husband), around the bottom of the picture and adhered with small zots in the back
  • Zotted the butterflies across the front and pulled up on the wings for a 3D look

No comments:

Post a Comment