Tuesday, February 17, 2015

BOOM

ABOUT THE PHOTO:
Every year for the past few years, we've been able to light off some small fireworks for the 4th of July. Last summer's 4th of July was awesome since it landed on a Friday - it seemed like our whole town was lighting off their own fireworks, we just heard booms and crackles all night long! Chris finally lit off a couple of mortars - I had never experienced those at home before, and just loved them! They are like mini fireworks, not just a quick whistle and sparkle, but a real firework!


LAYOUT DESIGN:
Anyway, I had this photo of Chris printed out and sitting on my table I think since August ahhh! I finally decided to change things up a bit and scrap a July photo in February... oooh I'm a big risk taker you can tell! I knew I wanted to use the printed background paper from the Studio Calico kit Poet Society for this photo for awhile, but that all I had planned.


MY PROCESS/PRODUCTS USED:
I just reached for the big black letters again from this month's Cirque kit and tried to spell BOOM except didn't have enough O's. I thought, I will use a Q and cut it up or cover it up, but then I got the idea to cut my photo into an O too, so I just placed the O on top of my photo and traced, then cut it out! Next I used the leftover silver metallic paper to punch some pinking circles from, then found the last bit of that dark blue constellation paper also from the Poet Society kit. I thought I was done, but the other night I had spilled little red stars and sequins all over my floor from my December Daily/Christmas stash, which made me remember that I had them and figured they'd go perfectly scattered up top as well! Finished with a label from Hello Forever for my journaling and done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment