Thursday, August 7, 2014

XO

ABOUT THE PHOTO(S):
I decided to put these "mismatched" photos together into one layout for Chris' album since they were all random moments from July of Chris and Natalie that I wanted to scrap but couldn't make out of a full 12x12 layout!


LAYOUT DESIGN:
I used a sketch template from the SimpleScrapper.com that was based on a 2 page layout by Jamie Leija! I thought the 8.5x11 format would work perfectly for these photos, and ended up printing them 3x3.66 (since I had 3 photos to fit in 11 inches of height).


MY PROCESS/PRODUCTS USED:
It was very hard to cut into that awesome piece of paper from the Brighton Pier collection, designed by Kal Barteski for Studio Calico! But if I like that paper so much I'm bound to like it even better on a layout, so I went to town! I added some wood veneer pieces from the same collection. The paper fringe by Crate Paper came in last month's Penny Arcade kit and the gray tag was the packaging for the Knot & Bow ribbon from this month's Sandlot kit by Studio Calico that had JUST arrived on my doorstep! So yes, it was very hard to not dig into that kit right away instead, but Brighton Pier is still so awesome it had to be used :)

No comments:

Post a Comment