Sunday, September 23, 2012

Time To Relax

Last weekend, I was "practicing" remembering to take a picture everyday, in anticipation of December Daily, that I will be participating in for the first time this year! So I caught Chris last Sunday, having fallen asleep on the couch while watching football and snapped a quick Instagram :)



When I saw Amy Tan's fall layout here, I knew I wanted to do a scrap lift of the page with the pic of Chris! So on Friday, I went out and took a picture of our house, on the last official day of summer! Just some real life, random photos :)



I used a combination of the Central High kit and Amy Tangerine Ready Set Go line to create the page, which made it super fast and easy!




HOW-TO:
  • All the paper and embellishments are from the Ready Set Go line by American Crafts, except the journaling box from Studio Calico
  • The main yellow houses background piece of paper I used is Lounge Fest, the green solid paper is Green Light cut to 9"x8", and the green stripes with houses is Get Cozy cut to 4.5"x10.5"
  • I cut the title bubble from the piece of paper called Conference Call, and then cut a rectangle roughly the same size from the Surrounded Kraft paper - for this, I used my new Fiskars 3-in-1 Corner Squeeze punch! This is exciting because for awhile I have been wanting a corner punch that doesn't make as rounded a corner as the old corner rounder I had, and this new Fiskars one, on the least-rounded setting, makes exactly the amount I was looking for!
  • Anyway, I backed the heart in the house embellishment with green striped washi tape so the journal card wouldn't show through and added some paper leaves from the original Amy Tangerine line by American Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment