Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Matey!

This pirate-themed birthday card isn't too "young" for a 30-year-old husband and father of a friend of mine, right!? Even if it is, at least his wife, my friend, is also a scrapbooker and is used to seeing these homemade cards :)


So at first I was going to use my new Buccaneer cartridge I got for my Cricut Imagine, but realized I am basically running out of black ink! The blue surrounding the "Happy Birthday Matey" greeting is supposed to be black...


So I had to nix the pirate monkey, and used the Life's a Party cartridge to cut out a treasure chest the old school way - layering multiple pieces of colored paper! Oh well, it still came out nice and fun!


HOW-TO:
  • Cut the "Happy Birthday Matey!" at 4" on the Cricut Imagine Buccaneer cartridge (I had it print and cut in layers so I could popup the "Birthday" portion)
  • After I realized that blue was supposed to be black, I decided to outline the letters with a thin black pen to make them stand out a little more
  • Using Bazzill paper, I cut the treasure chest, each piece at 2.7" relative size, from the "Life's a Party" Cricut cartridge
  • The piece of background paper is from the Nantucket collection by Pink Paislee

No comments:

Post a Comment