Friday, September 12, 2014

USA!!

Let me just say, it's been over a MONTH since I've scrapped a 12x12 page, which has been WAYYY too long! It's been killing me, but at the same time, when I finally got time to get back to scrapping (after prepping for Natalie's 1st birthday party for a few weeks), I procrastinated because I felt mentally stuck. I had lost my scrapping mojo and was lost in party crafting! I was even relieved to be asked to help make a cake banner for a friend's baby shower last minute so I wouldn't have to sit at my table with a dumb look on my face and in my mind!


LAYOUT DESIGN:
So the past day or so I finally asked myself what was stopping me from making a page. I feel so far behind (a month to be exact) and didn't feel like scrapping photos from 2 months back. I decided to use a sketch template from this month over at the Simple Scrapper that had room for 9 photos, and decided to just put all my 4th of July photos onto one page to hopefully catch me up to speed!


MY PROCESS/PRODUCTS USED:
I did a bit of no-no and supplemented my already too huge stash of patterned paper when I went to AC Moore a couple weeks ago and saw some Pebbles 4th of July themed paper (Americana collection)! Since I knew I still had to scrap these photos, I decided to buy a few sheets and make sure I used them, so that's what I did! I cut the woodgrain looking pieces from the background of a different sheet. I used the red acetate letters from Studio Calico's Sandlot kit and the gems and labels stickers from Studio Calico's Poet Society kit. Hoping to dig more into both of those kits now that I'm "back" and now that I've scrapped my 4th of July pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment