Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Make Faces

Last October, Chris and I were at the zoo in Atlanta, and probably just feeling ready to leave ATL and move onto the next leg of the trip... we both grabbed the camera, gave up taking pics of animals and took some shots of each other instead haha! My dad used to call me the "girl of a thousand faces" and if he was still around today, he would enjoy this page of me and some of my faces, and my husband who also does faces!


Originally I was thinking these pictures should all stay as 4x6 photos and do a double layout with them, but as soon as I saw the latest sketch in my online class (Sketchbook 4 with Kelly Purkey), I immediately decided to scrap that and try this layout! I kept it simple, since there are so many pics on one page and therefore, already a lot to look at.



HOW-TO:
  • The papers, stickers and stamp are all from the new Amy Tangerine line, Sketchbook by American Crafts
  • The main sheet is called Saffron Study, while I stamped the "Oh how lovely" stamp onto the green paper from the 6x6 paper pad
  • I cut all the circles using the circle templates and cutting system from Creative Memories
  • The letter stickers are Journal thickers
  • I hand wrote the "make" part of the title because I wanted a really small, black, cursive lettering (aka too specific to find any letter stickers that worked)
  • I drew circles around each picture, hand pierced them and sewed them with different colors to get some subtle decoration and color in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment